Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fast Track to Heidi-Land, and ringing in the new year Swiss-style

Bonjour!

Well I was going to make "update blog weekly" my New Year's resolution, but obviously that didn't work out so well. So, first of all let me update you on what I've been doing for Christmas vacation.

For Christmas Jacques and Francine gave me private ski lessons (amazing right?), and so I have now officially skied er tumbled my way down the Alps. I have a bit of a speed problem, unfortunately I'm not so great at stopping just yet…. Kinda a problem haha. But the second time I went it was much better; I still have a LOT to learn, but I've been having a great time.
Here are some pictures from my ski adventures:



La Berra





Ok for some reason I can't get this picture to rotate, sorry
Glacier Express!
December 29-30:

Laura, Zion, and I were all supposed to take the Glacier Express to St. Moritz; unfortunately Laura and Zion had some bus trouble, and missed the train so it ended up being just me on the Glacier Express and they had to take another train to catch up with me later, because there wasn't a way to catch the train once it had left. However, it was definitely one of the most beautiful train rides I've ever taken; I felt like I had entered Narnia. The pictures definitely don't do it justice, but better then my lame attempts at explaining. The neat thing about this train is that it was all windows, even the cieling, so you felt like you could just reach out and touch the mountains. Here's some info about the train, and a map of the route:

"The Glacier Express is the most famous railway in the world. It travels from Zermatt to Davos or St. Moritz in around seven hours. It is a day trip through untouched mountain landscapes, glamorous health resorts, deep gorges, delightful valleys, 91 tunnels and across 291 impressive bridges."




Here are some pictures from the train ride, to see more pics just click on the photos tab to the right:
















We went sledding while we were in St. Moritz, and let me tell you that was quite the experience. We got up to almost 20mph, which doesn't sound like much unless you're the one flying down the Alps head first. :) Even though it started off a little rough, it was definitely an amazing trip!

Here are some photos:




















Swiss New Year:
For New Year's Eve I went to a party with Sophie and Julien, and the Jeuness. The party was held at this cute chalet way out in the country. The theme was "guys dress like girls, and girls dress like guys," why, I have no idea, but whatever. I obviously didn't think to bring "guy cloths" with me when I packed back in August haha, so Julien let me were one of his shirts, and I ended up dressing kind of like a Swiss cowboy. But anyway, it was a lot of fun, definitely a New Year I'll never forget!

Here are some pics:




Working on the update for January! :)

Au revoir,

Becky








No comments:

Post a Comment