Wednesday, April 6, 2011

When you give an exchange student a GA...

Salut!

One of the many perks about being an exchange student in Switzerland (besides the beautiful mountains, heavenly chocolate, etc.), is that every student gets a GA. A "GA" is a transportation pass that allows you to travel for free on all trains, boats, and buses. Pretty cool right? So, basically I try take advantage of this pass every chance I get. One Friday I got out of school early, so Laura and I met up to go to some museums in Geneva. Now, I haven't really said much about Geneva, mostly because there's not much to say. Out of all the cities in Switzerland, it is defiantly my least favorite, which is funny because at least for me when someone said something I automatically thought of Geneva. But no, (as you'll see from the pictures), Geneva is defiantly not the highlight of Switzerland. Besides the museums, and the UN, there's really not much to see. But off we went to see the Watch museum, and after walking around trying to find it, we get to the place and it's closed. Great. So, basically we just enjoyed the o, so lovely views of Geneva.  The next day we visited the St. Bernard museum in Martigny (right down the mountain from St. Bernard), where the rescue St. Bernard's are kept during the winter. It took us forever to find the place, but when we got the it was a really neat little museum to visit.










Watch museum we never got to go inside...

Oooo beautiful Geneva :)

 

  Laura and I also visited Luzern, such a beauitful city! Here are some pics from that:









No Becky! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment