Tuesday, May 10, 2011

La Ville-Lumière

Salut!

A lot has happened since my last posts, but I'm working on getting caught up to recent events. :)

The first weekend in February I went to Paris with my host family. It was amazing! I went with my host siblings for a long weekend, and I have to say I find it incredible that you can just hop a train to Paris for the weekend, but voilà that's Europe for you. So anyway, we left at 5:30 in the am on Friday and took the train (it takes about 4 hours from where I live) to the Gare de Lyon (Paris train station).


I had my doubts about whether or not Paris would be able to live up to all the hype, but it most definitely did and more. They're not kidding when they say it's the City of Lights. The first day, as I was leaving the subway and just just walking along taking in the sights, my host sister turned me around, and BAM the Camps-Élysées. Looking down to the Arc de Triomphe was one of the most magical experiences ever. Regardless of your opinion of the French, man do they know how to build a beautiful city! :) 


We spent the rest of the day walking around and seeing the sights. Another incredible moment- the Effile Tower. Again, Paris lived up to the hype. What wasn't so fun was walking up the five million stairs to get there, but it was worth it in the end. We went up right before sunset so we got to see Paris by day and night, très belle! 


I could easily go on forever about the incredible sights of Paris, but seeing how it's already May, and I'm just now writing about February, Im going to just give you the highlights and lots of pictures (which is way more fun to read anyway right? ;) ). 


We basically went non-stop for three days straight, and were able to accomplish pretty much every major attraction in Paris. 
Louvre, amazing. The building itself is a priceless work of art, not to mention the wonders inside. 
Sacre Coure Basilica- gorgeous, only had to climb 322 steps to get there, at least the view was great :)
Notre Dame, Musée d'Orsay, I could go on and on, but I'm just going to put the pictures up. :)
6am Suuuurrreee we're awake :)


Where are we going again?




Champs-Élysées. Favorite. 



















Mona Lisa baby





















No comments:

Post a Comment