Thursday, November 4, 2010

Part 2: "Football" and Expo in Lausanne

September 26:
Today I went to a "football" game with my family, which of course was nothing like a Sooners game. Speaking of which: BOOMER SOONER! Just felt the need to say er type that, makes me feel closer to home. :) Anyway, I have to say I am definitely more of an American football than a soccer fan. Although, considering where I'm from, I'm pretty sure I've been indoctrinated since birth. :) But, it was lots of fun, and after, we all went for a pizza, or 5 as it turned out. Here, apparently, when you go for pizza everyone gets their own, (like normal sized, would feed a family of four) and I got the local speciality, which had Gruyere cheese, bacon, and ham. It was quite a tasty end to the day. :)

September 27:
 On Sunday I went with Sophie and some friends to Lausanne. There was this huge "expo" type thing going on, and we walked around sampling the food and looking at all the crazy stuff they had for sale. It was lots of fun, a great end to a great week. :) Here are some pics:

This was made out of fruits, veggies, and flowers- made me think of the rose bowl trip :)

M*A*S*H*-esque helicopter 
Grounds where the expo was


No comments:

Post a Comment