Thursday, November 4, 2010

Part 3: Spontaneous train rides with exchange students

September 27:
Today for some reason unbeknownst to me, we didn't have school (teacher conference?), yeah I was quite broken up about it. :) Sooo of course a bunch of the exchange students from the Fribourg Canton decided to go somewhere; we weren't really sure where we wanted to go, so we just all met at the train station in Fribourg. Now, unfortunately for me they all wanted to meet at 8:00am, and since I live in a tiny village that has like six buses a day, I got to wake-up way before the sun, and leave at 6:30 in the morning with my host brother (he attends the University in Fribourg). However, on the bright-side I had plenty of time to down a couple of much needed cups of coffee before all the other exchange students arrived. :) When everyone arrived, we checked out the schedule, and the next train to depart was headed for Bern, so we hopped on, and decided to pick a destination once we got there. We ended up taking the train bound for Luzern. Once we got there we had a great time walking around, and seeing the sights. After lunch we got back on a train headed for Interlocken, and it ended up being a train that wound thru the mountains. It was probably the most beauitful train ride I've taken to date, I literally felt like I had stepped into a painting. We walked around Interlocken for a bit, and then it was back to Sorens. Here is a little slide show from the trip....    

No comments:

Post a Comment