Thursday, November 4, 2010

Yes I'm still alive over here :) Part 1 Becoming Sorensoise

Helllllloooooo!

As the title states, yes I am in fact still alive over here, and have yet to fall off an Alp or anything like that; I just happen to fail miserably at blog updates lol. Sooo since it's been quite some time since I last updated, I'm going to just do a series of posts by event, in (hopefully) sequential order. :) I've had a really awesome, super busy month and a half (where did the time go??), and a lot has happened, so I'll just get started.....

September 25, 2010:
Well it's official, I'm now Sorensoise (and no, that's not a type of cat :) ). On Friday night I went with Julien and Sophie to the meeting of the "Jeunesse de Sorens" (Youth of Sorens). When we got there I  just followed them into the room, but they were like "no you can't come in here right now, you have to wait in the other room with the other new kids," and I'm thinking "ok, sure, no idea what exactly I'm supposed to do, but whatever" :) So I'm standing there waiting, no clue what's going on (quite normal for me), and some other girls come up to me and start talking really fast in French about having to sing a song to join. Fortunately they were really nice and instead of giving me a solo (maybe they just valued there hearing ;) ), I just had to sing a duet. We practiced for a bit, and then they called us in. I was the last to enter, and when I came in my host sibs, and some other people I've met started cheering "Becky!" and clapping, and my next host brother was yelling "Bekamaze!!" So yeah that made me feel pretty special. :) After that I had to introduce myself (and of course I ended up going first) in French, but everyone was really nice and patient with my terrible French, so it was all good. Then came the song.... And while I don't think I'll be nominated for a Grammy anytime soon, it wasn't too bad, and now I know a new 80s French pop song lol. After that we had our "initiation" which consisted of trying to take a bite out of an apple that was swinging from a string while kneeling. You would be proud of me America, I represented you well, I was the only one to bite the apple lol. After, we had to eat a spoonful of "hot sauce"; HA. More like super mild picante lol. My host brother was like "yeah, I didn't think this was going to be spicy enough for you." Then I got my t-shirt, and now I'm all offical. :)

P.S. Sorry I don't have any pics..... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment