Monday, November 22, 2010

Part 7: Marche de Automne

October 15:
The Friday before Fall Vacanes the entire school, yes all 2,000 high school students, went on a hike in the mountains. Yes, I think the school administrators are a tad insane. But, it ended up being really neat, and a great way to get to know my class better. My English teacher was the chaperon for our class, and I helped her teach my class some chants, and attempted to instill a bit of American high school spirit in them. (My English teacher is Canadian, but she grew up in the US.) At the beginning of the day it was really foggy, but once we got up into the mountains, and above the fog, it was bright and sunny. The view was absolutely breathtaking! Because of all the fog below, it felt like you were flying up in the clouds. When we stopped for lunch, my class taught me this card game, that at first I was a total failure at, but after a couple games I finally understood the instructions, and surprise, surprise, it started making sense! :) On the way down the mountain my class taught me the French words to "In the Jungle" (the whem-a-wap wasn't too hard ;) ), and I taught them the English words. All in all it was an awesome day, and a great way to kick off the two weeks of fall vacation! :) Here are some pics from the hike:


My class

Marina, Lou, Claudia

Claudia and I

Lou and I

Marina and I


My crazy English teacher

Insane fog










Just in case you were wondering how to get back to the US of As

Yes, I fell in a hole lol

Headed Down

Class 1-07!!



1 comment:

  1. beck...i thought you had actually hurt yourself when i saw the picture of your foot in the hole. you know i cant come to switzerland just to count for more physical therapy.... :)

    ReplyDelete